And with that, CRM can “ride the wave” with Windows Vista, Office 2007, and the biggest chain of releases in Microsoft history.
This is a compatibility update of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Outlook Client for Windows Vista and Office 2007. It is a culmination of new features, updates, and enhancements, driven by our customer commitment in ensuring that users worldwide are able to use their Dynamics CRM solution against the latest and greatest of Microsoft technologies.
Nearly every aspect of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Outlook Client has been touched and updated…
- Integration with the Office 2007 “Ribbon”
- Custom MAPI Store (no more PST file!)
- SQL Express Edition 2005 SP1
- Inclusion of all existing client hotfixes
- Windows Vista Support
- User Access Control
- GPO deployments
- Internet Explorer 7
In addition, we now also support…
- Clean installation of V3C
- Upgrade from CRM 3.0 Outlook Client to V3C
- Support for hotfixes and patching using MSP technology
The following versions of Windows and Office are now officially supported.
- Windows 2000 SP4
- Windows XP SP2
- Windows Vista
- Office XP SP3 (with Windows 2000 and XP only)
- Office 2003 SP2
- Office 2007
Users can download Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 clients for Microsoft Office Outlook Compatibility Update from this page below (please be patient, as bits are still propagating).
The 90-day trial site has also been updated.
Regards and Seasons Greetings!
As a part of Microsoft Dynamics CRM’s expanding integration story, we are announcing the release of the Microsoft CRM Solution Accelerator for Siebel. This new release is designed for current customers of Siebel systems, this accelerator is a pre-built integration solution that can be used to synchronise the data between Microsoft CRM 3.0 and Siebel 7.5. The integration solution comes with predefined integration for the contact, account, and address entities and can be customised to integrate other custom entities and fields.
While this solution is one of multiple methods to link the Microsoft CRM and Siebel systems together, it is built upon the Microsoft CRM web services architecture and leverages the standards-based integration that is available in both applications. With this integration, organisations can benefit from the familiar user interface and productivity tools used by Microsoft CRM while continuing to access existing data and process definitions in Siebel.
Key Benefits – Improve ROI of an existing Siebel deployment by increasing user adoption with Microsoft CRM
- Increase user adoption – empower existing Siebel users with Microsoft CRM that works the way they do, minimising the learning curve and improving user adoption.
- Improve flexibility to meet business needs – Reduce cost and time to adapting a CRM system to fit differing departmental business needs through Microsoft CRM’s ease of customisation.
- Leverage existing CRM investments – in Siebel data, processes, and specialised functionalities through integration with Microsoft CRM.
- Reduce time and cost to building customised integration solutions – use guidelines, templates, and prebuilt connectors for Siebel and Microsoft CRM.
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Server; Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0
- Siebel Server 7.5.2
The English version of this accelerator is available for download via the Microsoft Download Center at the following location – http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D4D20DDA-3C96-43C6-AA53-165E3421E8DB&displaylang=en
Supporting materials- including the Microsoft CRM Solution Accelerator Installation and Customization Guide, code samples, maps, schemas and other integration artifacts- are available on the Microsoft CRM Sandbox. To download these integration artifacts, click the following link, and then locate the download: "Microsoft CRM Solution Accelerator for Siebel" – http://www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery/releases/viewuploads.aspx?id=b6499eb0-0eae-4597-b38e-ee9cbc71a404
Note: The downloads on the Microsoft CRM Sandbox are provided by Microsoft CRM Sandbox members and are not supported by Microsoft.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How is this different than the recently released Microsoft® BizTalk® Adapter for Microsoft Dynamics™ CRM 3.0?
- This is a solution accelerator specifically for Siebel with technical guidelines for integration.
What are the costs associated with leveraging this solution accelerator?
- A BizTalk run-time license is required. The solution accelerator, which is built on top of BizTalk Server 2006, is provided via download free of charge.
What Is It?
- Microsoft Download Center: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=08BADB01-4984-458E-96E6-4F08622CFE63&displaylang=en
- Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922815